So for my third and last independent project, I decided to learn how to use Prezi. Below is an example Prezi I made for teaching an introduction lesson for catalysts.
Prezi for me seems like an alternative for giving presentations. Typically any presentation you give is done with power point or a similar program. Since the slideshows can get rather boring, Prezi lets you mix things up by zooming in and out and teaching overall concepts. It also lets you draw connections between multiple ideas and almost build a map.Prezi could be used as an engaging introduction, but in addition to the stunning visuals it can also be used to link topics, and to have overarching connections.
Like mentioned earlier, I could use Prezi to introduce a topic. Oh! I just thought of an idea! I could use prezi to make my own powers of ten movie. A powers of ten movie shows the relative size of objects in our universe, starting at a well known object and zooming in. From a person, to their finger to a hair, etc, all the way down. This could be used to introduce how small the atoms and molecules and electrons actually are. You could use prezi and just zoom in and in on each click.
I could also make presentations of lessons so students could have them available online wherever they are if they have to miss school.
great work!
ReplyDelete